Last month’s parent-teacher conference was an opportunity for my teachers to formally brag about my performance in the one-year-old room…
My teachers say I am a very social boy! I start every day with a role call, as I point to each of my buddies so that my teachers will announce their names. Once everyone is accounted for, I begin my running and climbing workout. After I reach an optimum heart rate, I like to cool down with a good book. I LOVE reading!
But that’s just a typical day. Sometimes, we mix things up a bit and embark on adventures or invite guest speakers to our room. In fact, one of my favorite days at school so far was when the firefighters came to visit us. It was so exciting… I even got backstage passes and a full tour of the truck! I LOVE trucks!
Outside of school, I’ve been just as busy. Here are some of my new talents:
- I like to sing my ABC’s and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. If you’re lucky, you’ll even hear me perform a remix, where I combine both songs.
- I’ve become quite interested in sitting on the toilet bowl. I haven’t discovered quite what to do once I get up there, but I’m pretty sure it’s the best seat in the house.
- I’ve added more sounds to my repertoire – just ask me what a fish says, what Papa Florence says, or what a baby says!
- I need to work on my sharing skills. Currently, everything within arm’s reach is “MINE!”
- I can jump a lot higher these days. I’m a kangaroo-in-training.
- I no longer use a pacifier! (I was not consulted about this decision, but I’ve been doing my best to support it.)
I also had my routine well-child appointment with Doc this month. I’m weighing in at 25 lbs (33rd percentile), measuring 35 inches long (95th percentile), and have a head circumference of 47.2 cm (24th percentile). When I do the math, all those numbers seem to add up to AWESOME, but who’s counting?! What matters most is that I’m healthy and happy. (The fact that I’m awesome is just an added bonus.)