On July 26th, Genesee became a 1-year-old! Guess what she got for her birthday?!Hand-Foot-Mouth disease and 4 shots at her Well Child visit. It wasn’t pretty.
But, fortunately, that’s not the whole story. As a newly-turned 1-year-old, Genesee’s health is otherwise great. She weighs 19 lbs and 3 oz. (40th percentile), measures 29.3 inches tall (55%), and has a 44 cm head circumference (25%). Woot. Woot! Those are the doctors’ stats; here are my observations:
- Genesee is very mischievous and thinks “no” means “yes.”
- She can typically be found opening cupboards or playing in toilets.
- She LOVES ice cream, all of my cars, and a good game of peek-a-boo.
- Genesee is now drinking whole milk… no more formula… and sometimes from a sippy cup!
- She’s growing her top two front teeth.
- Genesee does seem to like her car seat a little better these days (we switched her to a bigger one since I’ve graduated to a booster seat), but her meltdowns instead take place in the mornings at school drop-off.
- She’s really goin’ places! She can pull herself up, crawl up the stairs, and zoom from one spot to the next.
- She is smart, sassy, fearless, and so stinkin’ adorable.
- And perhaps the most important observation: Genesee seems to have the best big brother in the world.