Turning 2-years-old earned me another Well Child Visit with the Doctor. This time, I was able to march myself right into the office and say, “Hi, Doctor!” And, in an attempt to bypass the routine check-up, I showed Doc how high I can jump. I’m quite certain he was impressed; we just proceeded with the usual steps so we could quantify and document my awesomeness. Here’s what we learned:
- I weigh almost 27 lbs (34%)
- I’m 2’11” tall (74%)
- My head measures 48 cm around (31%)
However, what the measuring tape and scale won’t tell you is:
- I love Thomas the Train!
- I like to whine and dine.
- I can identify all the colors of the rainbow.
- I’ve pretty much mastered all the names of the many student-teachers who come in and out of my classroom.
- I think I’m a stand-up comedian (I often say, “Jaeger funny!”)
- I’ve already learned that if I don’t get the answer I want from one parent, I should ask the other.
- My capacity to empathize keeps growing.
But, while it’s great to make note of important moments in my life, there are also events happening in the world around me, like:
- Prince, a musical legend and humanitarian, died just the other week, on April 21. He was only 57.
- This is a presidential election year, which means it’s President Obama’s final year in office. (Some folks running to replace him include Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump and Ted Cruz.)
- Currently, gas is $2.13/gallon
- The fifteenth and final season of American Idol recently concluded.
- As of today, I have a brand new (2nd) cousin named Cora Lee. (Congrats, Gretchen & Koty!)
Life as a two-year-old is busy! I grow, change, and learn something new everyday. I’m constantly building my place in the world. In an instant, I move from cracking-up with giggles to melting down with tantrums. I run -never walk- from one moment to the next, blurring the memories that my mom tries to capture by camera. I’m here. And there. And everywhere! But, I don’t plan to slow down anytime soon, so try to keep up!