My mom came back! She was gone for a week, attending the LeaderShape program in Ferryville, WI. Upon her return, she made a surprise appearance at daycare to play with me and my buddies for the last couple hours of the day.
While mom was away, not only did Dad keep me safe and alive, but we also stayed out of trouble. We had fun times together! Here are some of the highlights from our boys-only week:
- I turned 11 months old!
- I helped Dad buy groceries so we could make yummy chicken tacos for mom’s homecoming.
- I cheered on the Melrose-Mindoro boys basketball team!
We did the laundry.
- We sent mom cute videos of me so she wouldn’t get a case of the frownies.
- I went on a hike with my new hat that dad ordered for me.
- Dad locked me out of the kitchen cabinets. (Rude!)
- We watered mom’s plants because we’re thoughtful like that.
- I moved out of my infant bathtub and into the grown-up tub.
- We facilitated a sneaky operation to remove the fleece sheets from my parents’ bed before mom could protest.
- I parted ways with my pacifier. (So far.)
- Dad bought me a new carseat to travel in because I’m a big boy now.
- We visited the Mighty Mississippi!
Even though there’s something magical about boys-only time, we decided to let mom back in the house so that we can be a family of 3 again. After all, having a woman around makes us better men (says my mom as she crashes our boys-only party).
Awww, Jaeger, you’re growing up so quickly! I love the shots of you in the tub and car seat! Too adorable. Miss you, kid. Come visit us soon.